Do you want to know what to do in an emergency?
The Wyckoff Ambulance Corps Can Help!
Our dedicated, all-volunteer, American Heart Association-certified instructors are teaching the courses that you need!
First On the Scene
A new course designed by the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians to teach the general public basic responses to life-threatening emergencies until EMS arrives on the scene. This 4-hour course is taught by trained EMTs and includes a mix of didactic instruction and hands-on skill stations. More from NAEMT.
- Activating the 911 system
- Hands-only CPR and AED
- Administering naloxone
- Administering epinephrine
- Responding to life-threatening bleeding
- Penetrating chest trauma
- Moving patients to safety
- Positioning injured patients
Heartsaver CPR AED
• Certification course appropriate for any lay rescuer
• Learn CPR and relief of choking in adults, children, and infants.
• Become certified in the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• 2 year certification, Course time: approx 3 hours
• Suggested donation: $45
BLS for the Healthcare Provider
• Certification course designed for professionals in health care and emergency services.
• Learn CPR and choking relief in adults, children and infants.
• Become certified in use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• 2 year certification, Course time: approx 4 hours
• Suggested donation $65 • Hybrid online learning opportunities available for providers seeking certification renewal
Heartsaver First Aid (By special request)
• Certification course appropriate for any lay rescuer, babysitters, coaches, camp counselors, scout leaders,
• Learn first aid techniques from experienced Emergency Medical Technicians
• Practical lessons with hands-on training
• Excellent for all lay rescuers, especially for those requiring certification
• 2 year certification, Course time: approx 3-4 hours
• Suggested donation: $55
Please note that registration for our classes closes three days prior to the course date so as to facilitate scheduling with our volunteer instructors.